Thursday 11 October 2012

Evaluation of school magazine

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challange forms and conventions of real media products?





How did you use new media technologies in the construction of your media product?
Firstly, for my front cover i used photoshop, which was good because i was quite confident with photoshop, as i have used it before, so that was an advantage i had which was alot better then using something i had never used before. I followed the requirements of the codes of conventions for the colours which was to only use 2-3 colours. I saved it as a JPEG.

Secondly, for my content page  I used QuarkXpress, which i had never used before so i wasnt very confident with this software, but after a while i understood how it worked and it was very good for the content page as it was able to produce column lines which for how content pages are set out it was very useful. The pictures were easy to uploads aswell although i did come to some difficulties trying to delete things. But overall was no problem.


What are the strengths and weakenesses of both the product and your use of new media technologies?
Strengths:
  • I used a consistent colour scheme on my front cover and on my contents page. I only used up to 2-3 colours to make my magazine look attractive and not look over packed.
  • I used most of the codes of conventions.
  • I learnt how to use QuarkXpress for my content page, so i am able to continue with that for my music magazine without any troubles.
  • I explored more of Photoshop, so i know understand a lot more about it.
Weaknesses:
  • I did not do all the codes and conventions of a magazine front cover or contents page so I need to make sure that I include all the codes and conventions for next time.
  • remember to put in the price, as i forgot to do small things to my front cover and my content page, so i know now to add it into my music magazine.
  • It took me a while to learn how to use QuarkXpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment